Teams set to host media availability, fan entertainment
In anticipation of Major League Rugby’s inaugural season beginning in April 2018, the league is excited to announce National MLR Media Week hosted by each team in their respective cities March 20-28.
Teams are set to host an individual Media Day with events ranging from media availability with players and coaches, media combines, digital media releases and fan-friendly activities such as open practices and player meet and greets.
As a historic season of American professional rugby is nearing, MLR teams are excited to collaborate in this joint effort to showcase their clubs to the national and local media as well as their respective communities. MLR and its teams are focused on providing an elite level of professional rugby while growing the game through youth participation and grassroots marketing.
“Connecting with our communities is at the core of MLR’s strategy,” said Nic Benson, MLR deputy commissioner. “National Media Week demonstrates a key milestone as we prepare for opening weekend. Every MLR team nationwide will collaboratively open their doors to local and national media.”
Media members interested in attending MLR Media Week are asked to contact each team’s primary media contact for further information.
- Austin Elite Rugby – March 21 – Mike Ablett, email@example.com
- Glendale Raptors – March 23 – Diana Anderson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Houston SaberCats – March 26 – Myndi Luevano, email@example.com
- Rugby United New York – March 24 – Nishant Nereyeth, firstname.lastname@example.org
- NOLA Gold Rugby – March 20 – Madison Soots, email@example.com
- San Diego Legion – March 21 – Matt Hawkins, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seattle Seawolves – March 28 – Kimberly Veale, email@example.com
- Utah Warriors – March 22 – Mike Deaver, firstname.lastname@example.org
MLR is a professional rugby league that will launch in April of 2018. It’s an initiative of the American rugby community, in partnership with private investors, who believe that American rugby can thrive at the highest levels: as a commercial enterprise; as an influential player on the international scene; and as a participation sport at the youth and senior level. MLR will be the pinnacle of the American rugby, and provide a rallying point for local communities, a focal point for American rugby fans, and an inspirational destination for young athletes.
Major League Rugby: Jessica Kunzer, 801-647-2510, email@example.com